[CQ] noisebridge hamnet?

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Fri Oct 30 05:24:08 UTC 2009

Josh Myer wrote:
> We also need a friendly repeater, if anyone has ins.  There were a few
> mentioned on the last thread, but I don't know any of the operators there.

Would there be any interest in doing an occasional HF net for
hackerspaces generally? I've got a Yaesu 857D (though I need to find or
build a suitable antenna), and would love to see if I can reach SF from
Belgium. (I've done Iowa to Chile on 30m, which is, uh, perpendicular,
but I think about as far.)

Alternately, would there be some way to patch into a local SF net from
afar? I'm pretty much completely ignorant of the digital modes and all
the various ways that amateur radio crosses paths with the intertubes,
but would really like to learn.

73 de KC0SJH