[CQ] Linux software to program icom radios

Brian Choate brian.choate at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 17:41:53 UTC 2010

I sent this message from the wrong account (not subscribed to the list).
So hopefully it doesn't make it through twice.

I just saw an article from LJ that was talking about an opensource linux
program to program icom radios.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/chirp-–-first-look

I don't own an icom myself, but it is a real pain in the ass that there
is only windows software to program the radio I do have. It won't even
run under wine.

If anyone does or has tried this program let me know how it goes. I am
looking for a mobile rig and if I can find one that can be programmed
from linux, it might make a difference.

B.