[CQ] Cheap SDRs?

AF6MQ af6mq at 1sky.com
Tue Nov 16 03:18:02 UTC 2010

is that why they're separate?
i thought it was so FFT and other IQ based algos could
have a big part of the computation "done in hardware" so to say?

i'm ordering an SoftRock Lite i will be attaching to my HF receiver's
IF.
http://kb9yig.com/
Tony says he's out of the Si570 clocks, so thats why the others
are blanked out from shopcart till he gets more in.

my kenwood ts-570's 1st IF is 73mhz which is a wee too fast for the
softrock,
but the 2nd IF is 8.33mhz, has the optional filter selector,
and therefore is easy tap for a limited "panadapter" for my rig.
even if my whimpy 48khz usb sound card  only gives me +/-10khz,
thats still a better "view" than i have now (none).

i have no idea what IF a broadcast-FM receiver would use,
but the same idea should work.

now i have to look inside my pcr-1000 and see where its IF(s) can be
tapped,
what a tool that would be!

--gaspo.