[CQ] Volunteers still needed for the Nike Women's Marathon

Greg Albrecht W2GMD gba at gregalbrecht.com
Wed Oct 6 15:28:22 UTC 2010

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2010NikeMarathon

Hi All,
I'm emailing you in hopes that you can help the American Red Cross by
volunteering at the upcoming Nike Women's Marathon. Every year the Red
Cross provides First Aid care, and hams are there passing critical
medical traffic. Yes, we get up early (2:30am, but at least you don't
have to run the race!) and we work long hours, but this is the best
best non-disaster communications training you can get. You'll learn
how to pass traffic on a radio net, we'll be utilizing APRS, and did I
mention free food and a tshirt? (you know you need more tshirts).

I realize that not everyone can make this event, and if that includes
you, I ask only one favor: Can you forward this message on to any
hams, or ham groups, that you know and who may be interested in
volunteering for this exciting event? I've attached a text
version of the volunteer information for this event below.

If you can make it, awesome! Please register here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2010NikeMarathon

Thanks
-g

WHO: VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR THE FOLLOWING OPPORTUNITIES

Caregivers -  must have current CPR Pro or BLS certification, in
addition to professional license / certifications.

Recorders -  must have current lay CPR certification and First Aid.

Communicators -  need to be FCC licensed HAM radio operators and have
a dual band HAM hand held radio.

WHAT: Nike Women's Marathon, San Francisco

WHEN: Sunday, October, 17th 2010

3:30 AM - (time to be  confirmed) until 2:30 pm

Note:    This is 3:30 AM Sunday morning until 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon

WHERE: Staging Area: Pier 54, San Francisco

Free T-shirt, Breakfast, Lunch & much more!

REGISTRATION IS TO BE COMPLETED ONLINE :

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2010NikeMarathon

Please scan & email copies (front and back) of certificates and
licenses to NikeStaffing at redcross-bayarea.org or FAX them to (415)
963-4430.

Any questions, email Nikestaffing at redcross-bayarea.org or call (415) 427-8092.

--