[CQ] New freescale parts

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Mon Mar 28 22:43:41 UTC 2011

The e14 part, for curious people like myself:
http://www.element-14.com/community/groups/xl-star

If I'm reading this right, which I'm probably not, it looks like this ADC
should be able to sample at something like 10MSps, and can probably actually
pull out 3~4 MSps with filtering.  It might be possible to directly sample
AM, and perhaps even the very bottom end of 160m CW if you're very, very
clever (depending on your filter implementations, 1.8MHz is well past the
Nyquist frequency).

Alternately, put a mixer in front of it, have this thing running a VCO, and
then use it for a pretty high-speed DAQ.  The USB module supports 12Mbps
full-speed, though.  (Page 512, the block diagram "highlighting" the USB
module, is quite special.  I love that the DCT artifacts make it look like a
real highlighter.  An excellent use of medium, a master-stroke, really.)

Does anyone have a favorite quick and dirty mixer schematic?  I've been
poking at the SA612A for some trivial lower frequency stuff, but haven't yet
gotten my oscillators working (I haven't had time to do more than give it a
first go).
--
Josh Myer 415.230.9791 <-- NOTE: New number!
 josh at joshisanerd.com