[CQ] ARRL East Bay Section convention, Berkeley, June 6

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon May 16 17:36:40 UTC 2011

The ARRL East Bay Section and the California Historical Radio Society
are co-sponsoring the First Annual ARRL East Bay Section Convention. The
event will be held at the KRE Building – Home of the California
Historical Radio Society, Bay Area Radio Museum, and W6CF Memorial Station.

    * Admission – Free
    * When – June 4 from 0900 to 1300 hours.
    * Where – 601 Ashby Ave., Berkeley, CA 94710 – (From I-80 East, take
      the Ashby/Shellmound Exit. Take the Shellmound turnoff. At the
      stop sign turn left onto Shellmound. Go across the bridge and make
      the first left into the gate. From I-80 West, take the Ashby Ave.
      Exit. Go under the bridge & make a right turn on 7th St. Go right
      on Folger. Go left on Hollis. Go right on 67th & then right on
      Shellmound, across the bridge and left into the gate.)
    * Contact – Jim Latham, AF6AQ by email at af6aq at arrl.net
      <mailto:af6aq at arrl.net>

Planned Activities;

    * Swap Meet (No fee) – Gate opens 0800. No selling activity until 0900
    * DXCC Card Checking (also VUCC, WAS and WAC cards)
    * Speaker
          o Kristen McIntyre, K6WX – “PSK-31 on iPad: A Personal Journey”
          o Bruce Perens K6BP – “Codec 2, the new codec written by hams,
            for digital voice”
    * East Bay Section ARES Leadership Meeting (for ECs and above)
    * ARRL Forum/Open Section meeting.
    * Drawing for door prizes.