[Cyborg] Interest in Sensebridge

ch_luk at berkeley.edu ch_luk at berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 9 06:39:59 UTC 2009

Hi Eric,

  Thanks for the links! Janet Hansen's business is captivating and
crossing it with Cosabella sounds like a fun venture.

  I am interested in teaming up with you on the choker, if you can endure
my learning to speak the same (computer) languages as you guys. I have
to admit yesterday's meeting felt more foreign than any language/CS
course I've taken! But you are all amazing, cool people! =)

  For the compass project, if you guys want to try placing it in a corset,
I'd be happy to experiment with that. The battery/chip unit would hide
nicely inside an obi (the sash on a kimono).

  Are you guys skipping next week's meeting, since it overlaps with
RoboGames?

Smiles,
  Chung-Hay

> Chung-Hay,
>
> Here's the link to Janet Hansen's "enlighted" (not enlightened, see the
subtle difference?) business of illuminated clothing.  Like I said, right
up your alley, but VERY expensive.  Pretty much everything is custom and
she charges about $10/LED.  So most things are in the
multi-hundreds or even thousands of dollar range.

> http://enlighted.com/index.html
>
> If you're thinking of doing this kind of stuff as a business, Janet is
totally a great role model!

> Also, I mentioned my (embryonic) idea for a choker which pulses lights
in time with your heart beat.  The wiki page is a bit out of date:

> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Pulse_Necklace
>
> I got the armatures from Rebecca's Wholesale Novelties, only $2.15 each.
>   Sorry I didn't have any on hand for you to see, they are cheap (i.e.
> plastic and crappy) but still an excellent inspiration for what's
possible:

> http://tinyurl.com/og3x7a
>
> Hope to see you again at the meeting - don't let the electrical stuff
intimidate you, it's actually a lot of fun making stuff and showing it off
at our meetings and to random people that you meet :-)

> Eric
>

> ch_luk at berkeley.edu wrote:
>> Hello!
>>   I liked the compass vibro-anklet at Maker Faire and was wondering if
>> you
>> welcome random guests. I'm a graduate student at Berkeley, studying
neuroscience. I'm not sure if I have much to contribute, as my
creations
>> lack sensors. However, it's a direction I'd like to head towards. My
niche-in-the-making is LED-based jewelry and lingerie.
>> Please let me know if you have room for a more artsy-kinda girl...or if
you know of another community where I'd be better matched.