[Cyborg] [EEG] Sorcerers' apprentice (Re: Bootstrapping class?)

ch_luk at berkeley.edu ch_luk at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 13 21:26:38 UTC 2010

Funny, I have neurons firing action potentials behind me as I type. =)

Mike and Kelly have given great advance, Sai. Go talk to people and see if
you can help them with their work.

Below are some neuroscience labs/companies in the extended Bay Area to get
you started on narrowing down what you'd like to explore. It's by no means
comprehensive, because the bay is actually a neuroscience hot spot.

UC Berkeley
 Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute - Bob Knight, Bill Jagust (Lawrence
Berkeley Labs affiliated), Lu Chen, Jose Carmena,...
 Redwood Center for Theoretical Neuroscience - Bruno Olshausen,...
 International Computer Science Institute - Richard Karp, Srini Narayanan,...
 Depts of Molecular cell biology (Neurobiology emphasis), Psychology

UCSF
 Dept of Neuroscience - Adam Gazzaley, Allison Doupe,...
 Sloan-Swartz Center for Theoretical Neurobiology -  Philip Sabes,...
 UCSF Memory and Aging Center
 Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center

Stanford
 Dept of neuroscience, bioengineering - Krishna Shenoy, Karl Deisseroth,...
 Center for Mind, Brain, and Computation

NeuroFocus - neuro-marketing
Scientific Learning Corporation - brain fitness
Medtronic - deep brain stimulator
NeuroSky - EEG head gear
NeuroPace, Inc. - epilepsy control
Numenta - theoretical neuroscience/AI
Genentech - neuro-related biotech

Feel free to email me at ch_luk at berkeley.edu if you want more neuroscience
insight beyond what Kelly and others provide.

Smiles,
  Chung-Hay