[Cyborg] wearable fog machines

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 18:52:31 UTC 2010

On 6/5/10 10:32 AM, David Molnar wrote:
> How much heat does it take to vaporize the fog juice?
>
> Would a chemical heater do the trick? I'm thinking like the "instant
> heat" packs they sell in drugstores. Those would not be hot enough of
> course, but perhaps there is something compact and not too horribly
> dangerous that would work.

Interesting idea.  I suspect the heater is literally boiling the fog
juice, then a fan drives it out.  So it'd take a lot of heat, and
temperature at least 100C.  So it's have to be a pretty serious heat
pack, not something they would sell in a drugstore.  But it's certainly
possible.  My search for "high temperature heat pack" didn't yield
anything though...

Also, I mentioned the idea of using an ultrasonic device to vaporize the
fog juice.  Although it doesn't work straight out (due to gumming up the
ultrasonic plate), maybe it could be somehow made to work?  For
instance, I'm wondering if you had a *flow* over the ultrasonic plate
whether that would prevent the gumming process from happening.  It
probably wouldn't be that hard to prototype, just need an ultrasonic
fogger, an aquarium pump, and some fog juice...

Eric