[Cyborg] wearable fog machines

Anthony Di Franco di.franco at aya.yale.edu
Sat Jun 5 19:33:03 UTC 2010

Electronic cigarettes are doing exactly this - vaporizing fog juice with
nicotine andor flavor in it using a resistive heating element. There is a
pretty big diy community around those and the parts are available
individually. You can also just grab a cheap kit from 7-11 and take it
apart.

On Jun 5, 2010 2:54 PM, "Eric Boyd" <mrericboyd at yahoo.com> wrote:

On 6/5/10 10:32 AM, David Molnar wrote:
> How much heat does it take to vaporize the fog juice?

Interesting idea.  I suspect the heater is literally boiling the fog
juice, then a fan drives it out.  So it'd take a lot of heat, and
temperature at least 100C.  So it's have to be a pretty serious heat
pack, not something they would sell in a drugstore.  But it's certainly
possible.  My search for "high temperature heat pack" didn't yield
anything though...

Also, I mentioned the idea of using an ultrasonic device to vaporize the
fog juice.  Although it doesn't work straight out (due to gumming up the
ultrasonic plate), maybe it could be somehow made to work?  For
instance, I'm wondering if you had a *flow* over the ultrasonic plate
whether that would prevent the gumming process from happening.  It
probably wouldn't be that hard to prototype, just need an ultrasonic
fogger, an aquarium pump, and some fog juice...

Eric

htt...