[Cyborg] rumble vest

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 21:40:05 UTC 2010

I studied the video of those 'crazy laser sensors' and I'm not convinced they are laser sensors.  I have attached a screenshot from a still of the video, I think it clearly shows something that could be an ultrasonic ranger with an LED in the middle.

Also, the video clearly shows that the range is quite limited - appears to be between 1 and 2 feet.  This is entirely consistent with Rachel's experience (ultrasonic rangers useless beyond 3 feet), and really limits the usefulness of the device to indoor spaces only.

Still, I'd LOVE to try that headband on, it looks quite intuitive and fun!

Eric