[Cyborg] rumble vest

Nick Burrows shamrockman at shamrockman.net
Wed Mar 31 22:32:51 UTC 2010

Those look like standard IR rangefinders rather than ultrasonic.  The small
beam width of a IR rangefinder makes it so you can generally get away with
closely packed sensors without needing any fancy tricks. The white LEDs look
like they are there to help with the minimum range issue that IR
rangefinders have

If they were ultrasonic, they would be stepping on each other, and echos and
other artifacts are more prevalent. Also ultrasonic equipment tends to be
bulkier than equivalent IR gear.