[Cyborg] flexible EL in shoes

Steven McDonald scm at eds.org
Wed Nov 10 03:25:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Sean Cusack <sean.p.cusack at gmail.com> wrote:

> The wizard staff was sweet BTW. Interesting to hear that the RGB LEDs still
> needed super darkness to work. Although I'm using white LEDs to get the best
> brightness bag for my power input buck, it sounds like it may be unlikely to
> see mine in daylight too (doh).

Kingbright makes some single color LEDs that are extremely bright for
20 mA of power. I got some from Mouser:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kingbright/WP7113SED/?qs=O%252b3PzI9Hd0P37a2NUmLn2A%3d%3d
(available in several colors and IIR clear or diffused. The link is
for the orange diffused ones I have).

They're actually blindingly bright in the dark. I haven't looked at
them much in daylight, but they are quite visible in a well lit room.
As you guys say, these things are hard to photograph, but I'll give it
a try if anyone is interested.

-Steve