[Cyborg] fluid dress

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 18:24:08 UTC 2010

http://laughingsquid.com/fluid-dress/

It's awesome.  I thought perhaps they were using glow-in-the-dark fluid,
but actually it's a UV-reactive ("blacklight") fluid.

The dress isn't very wearable though - first, it's rather transparent,
so the model would have to expose herself a little, and second, that
pumping rig is clearly large, heavy and power intensive.  But I love the
idea of using tubing and colored fluids, and I totally think you COULD
build a wearable garment, perhaps a hat?

The real trick is in the fluid changing - especially because over time
the boundary where the fluids change will become mixed.  I wonder if you
could devise something that would flow in the tube along with the fluid
at the boundary between fluids and help slow the mixing?

There are some pretty awesome details available on the artists website:
http://www.casualprofanity.com/post/121000439/construction-of-the-fluid-dress
http://www.casualprofanity.com/post/1588555738/fluid-sculpture
http://www.casualprofanity.com/post/41952229/diy-fashion-show

Eric