[Cyborg] dolphin language

Joe Goldbeck joseph.goldbeck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:52:34 UTC 2011

A neat experiment for sure. The cymascope, while also neat, doesn't really
seem to play any part in the actual science. As far as I can tell, it's
pretty much a dish of water with a speaker below it and a camera above it.
You definitely get some beautiful shapes out of it ( for ex,
http://youtu.be/stMCW6L5GXA ), but it seems unlikely that it's pulling out
any more useful information about the sound input than you'd get from
computing the spectrogram.

I much prefer this: http://youtu.be/Yp1wUodQgqQ

Joe