[Cyborg] from quantified to optimized

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 20:34:58 UTC 2011

http://www.sentientdevelopments.com/2011/02/from-quantified-to-optimized.html

"Personally, my inner perfectionist and health-nut finds the idea of the
optimized self particularly appealing. Books like Tim Ferris's /Four
Hour Body <http://www.fourhourbody.com/>/ show that personal improvement
is part of the new geek agenda. It has suddenly become quite cool and
fashionable to apply the latest science to our bodies in order to get
the best results possible."

As an example of the kinds of things that are shortly to be possible,
check out this awesome video about clothing that measures EMG signals
for all the major muscles that it's in contact with, and how this can
really bring meaningful data to bear on training problems for serious
athletes.  How long till this comes down to consumer level?

http://quantifiedself.com/2011/02/amy-drill-on-sensorysport/

Eric