[Cyborg] Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer

fenn lipkowitz fennfoot at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 00:20:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Sean Cusack wrote:
> Organic chem doesn't have much a place (yet) in hackerspaces, but its
> mostly because the stuff that we could make that would be neat to
> hackers is more cheaply bought than manufactured on a small scale
> (solvents).

no, it's because most of the stuff we would *want* to make is currently
illegal or in gray territory and would get the hackerspace shut down.

> As for the hardware part about a company being able to turn off your eyes. Well, why would you install them without
> rooting them first, duh!

this is my first impulse too, but what are you going to do, crack open all
the chips and look at them under an electron microscope for backdoors?
even the NSA has problems verifying their hardware. somehow i expect a big
evil cybernetics corporation to have more technical competence than, say,
sony's sub sub subcontractors.

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Eric Boyd <mrericboyd at yahoo.com> wrote:
>       Some of you might have read my post about the movie Limitless - there is

a very interesting movie. i would say it's pretty accurate, except for the
"you'll die if you stop taking NZT" part. ask me about it some time when
i seem to be talking too fast.