[Cyborg] Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:00:10 UTC 2011

An interesting question...

As a chemist and a hacker, I would say...yes. Fo' sho. If I wasn't either of
these, I'd say no way.

Reason being - whatever the drug is, we could synthesize it. Organic chem
doesn't have much a place (yet) in hackerspaces, but its mostly because the
stuff that we could make that would be neat to hackers is more cheaply
bought than manufactured on a small scale (solvents). Some of the stuff
thats fun to make (booze), happens already! Enter a pill that would give you
access to a kick ass cyborg counterpart? Damn right I'd figure out how to
make that for cheap.

As for the hardware part about a company being able to turn off your eyes.
Well, why would you install them without rooting them first, duh!

I'm sort of aligning the points you brought up with the DRM debate today.
Has DRM actually fixed any problems? Nope. People just get around it.
Something tells me, people would just get around the "protection"
manufacturers put on their cyborg implants as well.

My $0.02 -
Sean