[Cyborg] interview with Anouk Wipprecht

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 03:47:02 UTC 2012

http://www.fashioningtech.com/profiles/blogs/anouk-wipprecht-interview

It's a great interview, she basically talks about all of her various
pieces over the last few years, including the costume of Fergie at the
last SuperBowl.

<<
Do you feel that, through technology, you have now found how to
‘animate’ your clothing in the ways in which you desired?

In a way: yes. In another way: you always want more. I know now how to
animate a textile way beyond what I thought could be possible when I
started out four years ago. But, a curious mind is never satisfied. From
this point on I would like to design towards the notion of technology as
an extension of the body, looking at ways to interpret designs
physically, emotionally and psychologically and how to couple emotions
with smart textiles in order to create direct extensions of our senses.

Eric