[Cyborg] Peter Thiel's CS183: Startup class notes

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 16:49:23 UTC 2012

http://blakemasters.tumblr.com/archive

Very rarely have I read something so intelligent, with such a keen eye
towards the future.  Start at the beginning, the April 3rd Class One
Essay, because Thiel builds up as he goes along, often making reference
to previous material.  The last half of the classes, he often has
additional guests, most of them also famous futurists and entrepreneurs.

I don't always agree with Thiel, or his guests (in fact I have serious
arguments with some sections).  But it's super interesting to just see
them lay out fundamental principles, often oversimplified, and paint the
world in broad strokes.  Sometimes having a simplified map enables a use
that a more complicated map would make difficult.  I certainty feel like
I learned a great deal reading these essays.

Highly recommended.  Thanks to Blake Masters for writing these up, it
couldn't have been a easy job to transcribe/condense hours of lecture
into these essays...

Eric