[Cyborg] tron jacket tips?

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 15:16:05 UTC 2013

Hey, I want to make a tron jacket, for an upcoming party.  I have a
tight fitting leather jacket (which ironically is actually a prop jacket
from the remake of Robocop - got it at a recent inventory sale!), which
has approximately the right shape and fit.  It's got epaulettes (which
typically tron jackets don't), but it has the right collar, and the
front pockets are not in the way of a good tron pattern.

I'm looking for tips on how to actually make the jacket.  I'm planning
to use EL-strip, and potentially some EL-wire as well.  I can see lots
of images of Tron jackets on google image search, so the pattern is no
problem, I'm looking for advice on how to attach the strip and wire to
the jacket without destroying the jacket, or taking forever.  I found
some tutorials online but you just know they didn't include the most
important tip!  So, advice solicited, I know many of you have worked
with EL wire and potentially EL panel clothing, what did you learn?

Eric