[Cyborg] tron jacket tips?

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 20:15:35 UTC 2013

Hmmm, maybe.  It wouldn't look the same as the real Tron costumes, of
course, but if it's flexible, it might work better than anything I've
got now.  I wish the venue for my costume used black lights, that would
make this whole thing a lot easier!

I found this interesting hack as well:
http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/coolest-homemade-tron-legacy-costume.html

He used reflective safety tape.  Must have taken forever to cut it so
precisely!  But the overall effect is pretty awesome, really, at least
at the distance of the photos.  I suspect it doesn't look quite a cool
once you're close to it, I tried a little experiment with some shiny
tape, and it crinkles pretty badly when the leather moves, so up close
it looks pretty strange.  My leather jacket fits well, but not well
enough to avoid crinkling at the chest/shoulder area.

Eric