[Darkroom] Fwd: Darkroom electrical

Audrey Penven audrey at lostinthenoise.net
Mon Nov 16 12:02:34 UTC 2009

I emailed jim.  He wrote back.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jim <jim at well.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: Darkroom electrical
To: Audrey Penven <audrey at lostinthenoise.net>

  hiya and thanks for the note. various things
have a been going on, a couple of them resulted
in me developing a pout, but i'm about over it
(and some other stuff that i had to do).
  i've promised myself that this week i'm going
to finish the shelves in the storage room then
  one thing you could do is to buy a box of 50
toggle bolts. it looks like that's close to how
many we'll use to get the stuff up (3 inch long,
doesn't matter what diameter, small will do).
  if you have the clout, try to get someone,
anyone, to help:
* complete the shelving in the storage room (after
that's done, i return to the dark room--i can't
work with supplies so crazy).
* move the pipes and wires from the stairwell to
the storage room after i get the shelves good
enough.
* help with the library shelves--just using the
chop saw to cut a bunch of 2x4 and/or 2x6 wood
to 10 1/2 inch lengths, nice square cuts, would
be great.
* help with other electrical stuff.

  i'm assuming that after i get the pipes up and
the parts and other stuff out of there that you
guys (probably rubin, yes?) will push the wires
into the pipes, finish screwing screws and toggle
bolts, wire up the switches and receptacles, and
assemble the boxes (i'll leave directions and info
and will show you guys how to do things if you
like; i can't do all the electrical in the whole
space all by myself, so you're the guinea pigs in
the policy of getting space owners to help.
  mainly i'll be working during the weekdays, but
i'll be around in the late afternoon and early
evenings; if you can, stop by and hang out a bit.
jim
415 823 4590 my cellphone, call anytime