[Darkroom] Pictrography 3500

Chris Murphy chrisnoisebridge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:49:44 UTC 2009

On Oct 14, 2009, at 7:49, dpc <weasel at meer.net> wrote:

> Chris Murphy <chrisnoisebridge at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It's not possible to use a SCSI-USB convertor with them AFAIK (please
>> prove me wrong!). In fact, not just any SCSI will do. You need the
>> built-in SCSI on an old mac or mac clone or a SCSI 2 card made by
>> adaptec. 2960 (?) or similar model numbers installed on a newer mac
>> (G4, etc).
>
> old mac i should have (if just for an experiment since it will be
> somewhat slow). is the connector scsi2 or scsi?

Well a G4 or G5 would do the job well. It just has to act as an
interface to the PowerPC PS plug-in. Powermac 7100 (PowerPC 601)
running macos 9 would be the absolute low end for testing. All of the
above are approaching free in value.

The connector on the printer is most likely a 50 pin centronics D. (I
haven't studied the printer yet.) You select b/w SCSI 1 & 2 in the
firmware setting on the unit.

Chris