[Darkroom] Pictrography 3500

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Oct 16 20:34:14 UTC 2009

Chris Murphy wrote, On 20091014 141901:
> Quicksilver G4 is a great match for this printer. Best to run tiger 10.4
> on it. Max out the ram and put in a fast drive if possible.

I have a copy of 10.4 for PPC. I'm going to jump onto rebuilding that
machine (and its replacement) possibly on Monday or Tuesday.

> What brand is the SCSI card?

I can email that to the list and stick it on the uninformative wiki page
when I get into the space next.

> Other thoughts...
>
> The printer should have an active SCSI terminator on it's spare SCSI
> connector. Best not to chain any other devices on it yet.

It does have a terminator, Dr Jesus found us another one just in case
the first one breaks.

> The printer is susceptible to dust specs on prints. Vacuum all dust off
> of the machine and surrounding area.

Any reason not to use an air compressor? :D

> Upon powering it up, it will likely complain that it needs a new water
> filter. These are available on eBay. Changing it only takes a minute.

Is there any way we can just simply clean the current one?

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net