[Darkroom] Sink table

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 07:04:38 UTC 2010

Hey peeps -

So, I'm thinking we needz a table to put the sink into. Thanks Lilia for
giving us a collective kick off our collective fat asses. I took a bunch of
measurements while I was at the space today and it looks like the absolute
max depth we can have for a table is 26" (the sink is 22"), and the absolute
max width is 8.5 feet (the width of the room). The max depth is driven by
the idea that we want to keep the big 4 tiered shelf that is on the back
wall in the room since its nice for adding some semblance of organization to
the otherwise carpet bombed dark room.

There *is* a table in the NB space in need of some refurbishment anyways
that is 6 feet long and 24" deep. I'm thinking we could take this table,
refurbish it, add a polypropylene top to make it chemical proof (for what
we'll be using), and cut a hole in it for the sink. If anyone really whines
that the table has gone missing, I'd be happy to make another one to replace
it for the space (although I think we have plenty of tables to go around for
the moment).

What I'd really like to know from you guys is: is 24"/6 feet long enough?
Realize that we'll lose ~3 feet to sink, so we'll effectively have only ~3
feet of space for other developing stuff. Is this enough? Also realize that
even if we gained more space by building our own 8.5 foot table, the extra
2.5 feet would be on the other side of the sink.

FWIW, I'm kind of partial to leaving the other 2.5 feet open for now and
leaving it as room for future expansion (shelving/fridge/etc.), but I'm not
a film developer (yet!)

Sean