[Darkroom] want? Daguerréotype

Ben Rupert meowdip at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 04:09:02 UTC 2010

I would love to have that camera, because of its antique-ness, but it's well
outside my price range.  As Audrey said it's really just a wooden box with a
lens.  I built one out of cardboard and a magnifying glass to use as the
front to my scanner camera.  I would like to build a nicer one out of wood
and a better lens to use with the scanner bed, or possibly a design with
bellows instead of the sliding box.  Anyway if anyone wants to build a large
format box or bellows camera I'd be happy to work on it.  Also I'd be
interested in Daguerrotypes, but I don't have the time or experience to lead
anyone else in it right now.  However, I could probably easily design and
build a chamber for mercury vapor that would keep the user relatively safe.

Ben