[Digitalarchivists] a meeting this evening

Ronald Miloh Alexander miloh at froggytoad.net
Thu Aug 27 04:22:25 UTC 2015

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Ronald Miloh Alexander
> <miloh at froggytoad.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'm going to be at Noisebridge this evening 26-Aug-2015 --- let's have
> > a short Darkivist meeting between 7 and 8, open to all in earshot who
> > want to attend. If you can't make it on short notice but want to come,
> > help organize online for a bigger meeting in September.
> >
> > Topics:

Meeting was held from ~1915-2000.  Stefan and Miloh present. Notes
follow:

> >  * State of the equipment
Everything is in place  and functional. I forgot how to get into the
locker but the lock is still intact so I think everything's fine
there.

> >  * Overview of current projects
Bookscanner OG is working fine. The stand could use a preflight
checklist printout, and more readmes about using the commandline
scripts to scan. Just can't expect people to use it in this state.

> >  * Wiki checkup
Wiki looks good. I'll add some notes bout the meeting after sending
this out.

> >  * Possible future projects after second scanner gets up and running.
I mentioned that once SpreadsBBB is going that I want to see whether
others in the group are interested in seeing what hackerspaces are
doing about affordably archiving film and video.

> > I'll try to remember to add notes to the wiki:
> >  https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Digital_Archivists
done.

Now for the hack session on SpreadsBBB at
https://github.com/miloh/spreadsBBB
and at my spreads fork at:
https://github.com/miloh/spreads

-rma