[Digitalarchivists] Raspberry Pi Build on Reetz 2.0

miloh miloh at froggytoad.net
Sun Jun 21 17:01:34 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 6:41 AM, newmy51 at gmail.com <newmy51 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Latest from Jonathon at Tenrec on the use of a Raspberry Pi with the Reetz
> 2.0, a topic that came up with Miloh during the last meeting:
>
> "...I recommend this option if you have a Pi 2 for now. It is a build that
> takes a standard Raspbian image and installs spreads packages rather than
> doing
> a totally custom build. I am working on getting the new build script pushed
> up to Johannes' repository.
>
> http://www.diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3183&sid=3150394d2cd7808642081eaa84bf90a7#p19032"

In the short run, a Raspberry Pi B+ sounds like the best bet,
personally I'm up to make it work with any hardware on hand though.

Any machine in the newer class of arm cotrex a8/a9 linux capable dev
boards with a minimum of 512MB memory should work for testing:  older
rpis, beaglebone black, olimex a10/a13, cubiboard, etc.

just dig it out, write back to the list describing what's available
(and leave it at the space if you want), so we can start working on an
image for it.

I looks like the spreads web interface is written in flask*, that's
great because it's a web app framework I'm most familiar with. Are
there any other scripts and tools that the DA is using or planning to
use? Are they up on github somewhere?

Regards,
-rma

*i'm looking at: https://github.com/DIYBookScanner/spreads