[Digitalarchivists] [sudo-discuss] I want to establish a book scanner at Sudo room or in Oakland

jacques revera jacquesrevera at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 07:15:28 UTC 2017

Thank you Dany.

Fantastic! I met you at noisebridge a couple years ago at a meeting of the
digital archivists. Your work in people's book scanning is important, (with
the little I know) - as can be seen in your google talk:
https://youtu.be/4JuoOaL11bw
My interest begins with access to scanning and digitized books for the
ideas but, that is dependent upon the scanner hardware developers and
hackers. That base kit (donated from NoiseBridge) Daniel Reetz developed
and put out in 2011 and the development of a community around it was a game
changer I think.

Your help with a kit ready-to-assemble will get us off to a fast start -
which will help firm up this new book scanning access and group at the omni.

jacques

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 3:45 PM, <dany.nb at qhex.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I helped with the Noisebridge book scanners, and the one we wanted to
donate is the red one shown here:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Bookscanner
>
> Here's some detail about the design:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-qMc2QSOw
>
> It's currently disassembled, basically a kit again.
> Do you all want it? If so, I'd be happy to help on that side.
>
> I've cc'd our group's mailing list, and you're welcome to join if you
want to collaborate at all:

> Best,
> Dany
>
> On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 12:26 PM, robb <sf99er at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> tues @sudo >8pm is a time to collaborate
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 12:09 PM, jacques revera <jacquesrevera at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> lockable should not be a problem. If noisebridge is donating one of the
older designs, it would be framed with raw wood we can just screw some
hinges and plywood in - to box it - to keep people from fiddling with the
mechanisms. The cameras might need a more secure spot at the omni.

>>> Marc, Robb, Jake,
>>> I am looking forward to meeting and working with you. I am new to this
list, the omni commons and the sudo room so please keep me straight on that.
>>> I am back in town Jan. 1 --- Tues Jan. 2 would be a good day for me to
meet and begin - and maybe complete a plan and proposal if needed for the
omni collectives. I have a van if there is a base-kit already constructed
at noisebridge that needs to be picked up.

>>> Sat, Dec 23, 2017
>>> Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote

tapes w/optimal quality next week too