[Fab] Laser Cutter room Construction planned for Thursday evening & Z axis Rotary Wheel

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Apr 19 22:48:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 03:23:50PM -0700, Evan Sklar wrote:
> Since Alan showed me how to use the Laser cutter last week, I've been
> hooked. However the complaints from other Noisebridgers about the smells
> from acrylic cutting/rastering got to me, and I've been working on a
> replacement for the pieced-together ventilation system for that room/booth.
> I got some great fans from Corey, and some design input from Alan and Jake,
> and am ready to vent.
>
> I've got a new board with fans almost ready to go, and a supply of
> weatherstripping and some screws, caulk, flexible ducting and duct tape, and
> plan to install it Thursday evening. I should be able to make it over by 7pm

Utterly awesome!  I am a huge fan.  Of your fan.  Plan.

I think Thursday is 5mof, so the space may be a bit crazy, but I don't
see as that has to stop us from enfanning the lazzor room.  As long as
we're not drillin' all up in stuff for hours on end, it should be cool.

I think I'm on the agenda for 5mof, so I'll be busy for part of the
evening, but I will try to come over and help lazzor afterwards.

-andy