[Fab] lazzor + linen = success

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Wed Jun 8 06:53:20 UTC 2011

Thanks to some help from rayc and miloh, I was able to successfully
engrave a few things on linen. My first attempt was at 5.5 mA or so, but
Miloh pointed out just how weak the fibers had become. Further attempts
were at ~4.5 mA, 70% speed, 1 pass (raster). These seemed to be pretty
strong. Lesson learned: make sure you strength test in *both*
directions. The weft was basically undamaged, but the warp was very,
very weak.

http://caseyc.net/lazzor/towel1.jpg (4.5 mA)
http://caseyc.net/lazzor/towel2.jpg (4 mA, noticeably weaker)

One of these is now in the kitchen, having joined the noisebridge towelpool.

--Casey