[Fab] Makerbot help?

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Fri Apr 13 06:38:50 UTC 2012

Hi there,
ReplicatorG 0034 is generating GCode that the Cupcakes seriously don't
like. However, I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

I successfully printed from one of the pre-built s3g's on the card, so I
know the printer is at least right in its head. However, when I try to
print g-code I've generated myself, it successfully does the
initialization step (move up, test extrude, move down). Then, it moves
to the right X-Y coordinate and hangs with an irritating whining sound
and dies.

The non-comment g-code (including the last few lines of initialization) are:

M01 (The heated build platform is heating up. Wait until after the
lights have turned off for the first time, clear the test extrusion, and
click yes.)
G0 Z0    (Go back to zero.)
M105
;M113 S1.0
;M108 R24.0
G1 X-20.23 Y-3.63 Z0.47 F3300.0
G1 F798.0
G1 E0.3
G1 F3300.0
M101
G1 X-20.23 Y5.41 Z0.47 F371.901 E1.984
G1 X-17.34 Y8.95 Z0.47 F371.901 E2.836

(and we're off to the races)...

It seems to hang when it reaches the (-20, -3, 0.47) point. Thoughts?

Thanks!
--Casey