[Fab] Cupcake operation

Nelson Zhang nelsonz at acm.org
Fri Apr 13 08:17:57 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I'm Nelson. I'm from the Shanghai hackerspace and currently studying at
Berkeley, and an occasional visitor to Noisebridge.

I came over today to try printing a couple things on the Makerbots, but
could not get them to work - the bots stall and emit a high-pitched noise
whenever I tried to print.

Casey helped me try to convert to s3g and print from the SD card, but the
same problem happened. He said the printers do work, but there are
currently a few extra steps not outlined in the wiki before printing. Could
anyone enlighten me as to how to operate the printers correctly? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Nelson