[Hackability] speech synthesizer questions

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Mon Nov 5 23:40:16 UTC 2012

On 11/5/12 1:40 PM, Susan Werner wrote:
> OK, so solutions that have been proposed to me off-list basically are:
> -keyboard+display+speaker with my ARM board
> -just use an Android tablet with pre-existing software
>  (http://appsforaac.net/content/aac-apps-android-0 has links to potentially
>  useful software, btw)
>
> What are possible ways to go about actually setting up things physically? Like,
> with either of those solutions, there's gonna be an input device i need to have
> accessible to me, along with a power source and speakers. How do I go about
> carrying around all of that?

I am picturing some sort of holster or shoulder pouch!

I have a very tiny, cheap, rechargable speaker called "The Bomb" and
there are probably other versions that don't look like bombs.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/370680857877?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Perhaps a small folding keyboard , or something that you whip out from
behind you like a quiver.

A bandolier?

--

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ