[kites] Kite Hacking 8pm tonight at 83c, Kite Flying Saturday 7pm at Ocean Beach

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Thu Aug 13 20:45:29 UTC 2009

We'll be meeting again for Kite Hacking tonight, 8pm at 83c.  Peter has
loaned us a small camera for aerial photography (yay, thanks Peter!) that
I'll be passing around.  We can brainstorm about ways of attaching it to a
large kite, and rigging it so that we can either remotely trigger it, or
have it autonomously snap a picture every so often.  I'm looking forward
to getting it in the air.

On Saturday, we're meeting at Ocean Beach at 7pm for a group flying
session.  This will give us a bit of time for day flying, and let us do
some night flying after sunset, too.  The stairwells at Ocean Beach are
numbered -- we'll meet at #25, which is near the Southern end of the long
parking lot across from Golden Gate Park.  There's a Google Maps link on
the wiki page, <https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Kite_Hacking>.  The beach
is open all night, but the parking lot closes at 10pm, and I'm sure some
of us will be heading over to the LoveTech event afterwards.  You don't
need a kite to attend!  I'll be there flying my dual-line stunt kite, and
hopefully others will bring more kites, too.  You're welcome to just show
up, but drop me an email if you know you're coming so I can get a rough
headcount.  I'll also give you my cell phone number, in case you have any
problems finding us.