[kites] Kite Hacking 8pm Thursday at 83c -- Mini-workshop: Attaching LEDs to your kite

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Wed Aug 26 20:00:39 UTC 2009

Thanks to everyone who came out to Ocean Beach for the group flying
session.  I forgot to count, but IIRC, we had a total of ~9 people, and
7 different kites in the air -- 4 of them making their maiden flight!

I'm out of town this week, but Jonathan Lassoff (cc'd) is going to be
taking over while I'm gone.  He purchased a two-line kite for the group
flying session and attached a cluster of green LEDs to its center, powered
by one of the lightweight LiPo batteries.  It looked great dancing around
the sky after sunset. :-)  On Thursday, he'll be demonstrating how to
attach LEDs to your own kite.  We'll have LEDs, a few lightweight
batteries, and soldering irons.  Bring your kite, and maybe some gaffer's
tape or duct tape if you have it.  You're welcome to show up without a
kite, too.

Thanks,
-mct