[ml] Change of formats for ML group

John J. Kaufman binky at onemain.com
Wed Sep 2 23:39:18 UTC 2009

So, there seems to be (at least) two kinds of people interested in the group:

1. People who just want to learn/talk about ML stuff
2. People who want to work on ML projects

I'm firmly in the first camp (though I do think some coding can help the learning process), and I think it is a necessary step for people to go through before they get to the second group (after which they burn out and move back to camp 1 and start oscillating forever more).

I think if we can find an undergrad level text on ML, it would give something for Camp 1s to do, either singly or with others... and the Camp 2 project folks can be there hacking and recruiting.

-John J. Kaufman
(aka Fritz, depending on context)