[ml] KDD Machine Learning Competition!

Thomas Lotze thomas.lotze at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 04:26:14 UTC 2010

https://pslcdatashop.web.cmu.edu/KDDCup/rules_data_format.jsp

KDD is a big data mining conference that happens each year.  Each year, they
have a data mining competition, which I think would be a great way for us to
focus our learning with a real data problem, and one we could collaborate
and send ideas and improvements back and forth on.  I'll definitely be
downloading the dataset and giving it a try.  If you're interested in
working on it as well, download the data, take a look, and send me an email!

I've also created a page on the wiki where we can make notes and send ideas
back and forth: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/KDD_Competition_2010

Cheers,
Thomas