[ml] Stanford Machine Learning Course CS229

Joe Hale joe at jjhale.com
Fri Aug 20 23:43:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

It seems like there is interest in forming a study group. We just need
to figure out how to organise it now. Maybe we could talk about the
best way to do this next wednesday. Glen makes some good points about
difficulties we may encounter. There is a lot of material to get
through and I appreciate that it needs to be fitted in around people's
jobs and lives.

I'd like to emphasise that there would not be anyone teaching the
course beyond the professor in the videos. We'd just be working on the
problem sets together and asking each other for clarification on
points in the lectures. Hopefully newcomers could catch up by watching
more lectures, and any questions they had would be useful revision for
those who started earlier.

I got an email from the maker of CoClass.com suggesting that his site
could be useful for administrating the course.

Have a good weekend,

Joe