[ml] KDD cup submission status

Andreas von Hessling vonhessling at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 18:40:52 UTC 2010

Sweet, Mike.  Please note that we need the row -> clusterid mapping
for both training AND testing sets.  Otherwise it will not help the ML
algorithms.
If I understand correctly, your input are the orthogonalized skills.
So far, the girls only provided these orthogonalizations for the
training files.  I'm computing them for the test sets so you can use
them.  If I don't understand this assumption correctly, please let me
know so I can use my CPU's cycles for other tasks.

Ideally you can provide these cluster mappings by about Sunday, which
is when I want to start running classifiers.  I will need some time to
actually run the ML algorithms.

I have now IQ and IQ strength feature values for all datasets and am
hoping time permits to compute chance and chance strength values for
rows.
Computing # of skills required should not be difficult and I will add
this feature as well.  I plan on sharing my datasets as new versions
become available.

Andy