[ml] probability study group - update

Ben Weisburd ben.weisburd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 10:13:12 UTC 2010

Hi people,

Somebody mentioned that ML'ers might be interested in getting an update on
what's going on with the probability study group.

So far, there were 2 meetings and we've gone through one-and-a-half chapters
of Fundamentals of Applied Probability by Al Drake.

If anybody's interested in joining, its not too late - you'd just have to
read the 1.5 chapters before next tuesday. The book is available online and
there's a link to the PDF in the "resources" section of our wiki:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Probability#Resources

Also, there's a mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/noisebridge-probability

Next meeting we're planning to review, do some example problems together,
and finish the presentation of chapter 2.

See you guys tomorrow,
-Ben