[ml] Hi

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Mon Jul 18 20:50:36 UTC 2011

Hey Alexi,

Sounds pretty cool. Have you checked out the mobile robotics
toolkit? I haven't used it but MC Hawking (the semi-autonomous
wheelchair robot at Noisebridge) uses it:

http://www.mrpt.org/

Idris, that sounds like a pretty cool project! If you're doing image
processing, you might want to look into OpenCV:

http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/

They have some built in machine learning algorithms for
classification (i.e. here's an image, does it contain a tennis
court or not?)

http://opencv.willowgarage.com/documentation/cpp/ml__machine_learning.html

You would need to feed it examples that are already trained
though. I wonder if you could use it's 2D feature extraction stuff
to algorithmically decide if it's a tennis court or not?

Either way - how about you guys come in this Wednesday at 7:30
and talk about it?

  mike