[ml] [Noisebridge-discuss] Technical question: Directionally sensitive photosensors

Christoph Maier cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 19:47:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM, John Hurliman <jhurliman at jhurliman.org> wrote:
> It sounds like you are implementing some form of the Rall cable equation
> (http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Rall_model) to model signal decay? I
> don't have any code off-hand, but both of the neuroscience Coursera classes
> I'm taking right now (https://class.coursera.org/bluebrain-001 and
> https://class.coursera.org/compneuro-001) covered this. Particularly, the
> video "Dendritic computation"
> (https://class.coursera.org/bluebrain-001/lecture/115). I'm not sure if the
> videos are accessible unless you enroll in the class though.

I really don't know what the birds are called that I'm trying to put
together ... for now, I call them "fireflies".
As for Coursera, I'm just downloading a lot of courses without really
trying to digest them yet, including the bluebrain one.
i find https://github.com/jplehmann/coursera/ a helpful tool for that.

> You might try posting to the openworm-discuss mailing list, since many of
> the devs there have been experimenting with a variety of neuron simulators
> and might be able to point you to some working code.

I'm trying to do this in hardware, with about 4 transistors and a
handful of passives (where the unknown one is the photosensor I'm
asking about),
so the working code would be the relative positioning of the
4-transistor units, and the regions of sensitivity of the photosensors
[hence the question]