[ml] computational neuroscience course on coursera

Mike Schachter cubicgoats at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 19:09:39 UTC 2014

Hey everyone, there is a potentially awesome Computational Neuroscience
course starting up on Coursera tomorrow:

https://www.coursera.org/course/compneuro

Computational Neursocience seeks to understand how and what the brain
computes. In my opinion, Computational Neuroscience and Machine Learning
are deeply related and will forever be so. For example, Artificial Neural
Networks were inspired by electrical recordings of neurons. Stimulus
encoding and decoding methods in Neuroscience are simply statistical
regression applied to neural data.

As a Computational Neuroscientst, I feel obligated to help out - so if
anyone takes the initiative to start up a study group for this course, I'll
do what I can to be a teacher's assistant and help with homeworks and
topics, whether on the mailing list or at Noisebridge.

 mike