[EEG] introduction & question about next meeting

matt lindgren matt.lindgren at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:59:52 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I wanted to write and introduce myself.

I found out about the EEG project at Noisebridge from Mitch Altman,
mostly as a result of volunteering with you folks at the Maker Faire
this past weekend.  Mitch and I had wanted to build our own EEG
machines about a year ago using the OpenEEG framework, and we both
ordered the circuit boards from Olimex.  Mitch went ahead and built
his almost immediately, but I am a total novice when it comes to this
sort of work, and had a lot of other things on my plate with work, so
I have yet to build mine.

So when I heard that a group of you were getting together to build
these machines, I wanted to join.  I'm sure I'll need a bit of
hand-holding.  I'm very excited to do this.  I would like to
thoroughly document the process of building these so I can help others
do so who may not otherwise have access to this kind of technology.

My understanding from the Web site is that you're meeting every Sunday
from 3-5, but I couldn't get anyone I met at the Faire to confirm
that.  Please let me know if you'll be meeting this Sunday, or when
the next meeting will happen, so I can drop in and check it out.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew Lindgren
licensed marriage & family therapist

Blackbird Family Therapy, Inc.
Serving Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
http://www.blackbirdfamilytherapy.com

direct:415.820.1487 - agency:510.594.4332 - fax:510.878.7369