[EEG] Fwd: Emotiv Developer Program : SDK & Headset Available Now

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Wed Jun 10 22:46:07 UTC 2009

According to Rachel's email, the Research Plus license costs $10,000.

But even if it were only $100,  I personally would be extremely
reluctant to give them any money at the moment. While it might be fun
to hack, the chances that you don't sign away your ability to do that
with your license agreement is pretty much nil. Let alone the
drawbacks of a proprietary API , I still think they are promising far
more than they can deliver, and would like to see actual users with
actual results outside their PR machine.

(And I'm not the only skeptic:
http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/consumer-electronics/gaming/loser-mental-block)

I will be occupied this weekend at Robogames, and won't be able to
attend on Sunday, sorry!

-Jon