[EEG] Fwd: Emotiv Developer Program : SDK & Headset Available Now

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Wed Jun 10 23:31:47 UTC 2009

According to Jean, the signals are encrypted. And DMCA
notwithstanding, I doubt they would let anyone get near a headset
without signing away their ability to reverse-engineer it. Does anyone
know of a headset in the wild?

The fact that they are spending engineering effort on encrypting
signals rather than making the thing interoperate is a huge warning
sign to me. If their software is really as special as they claim they
shouldn't need to do that.