[EEG] Fwd: Emotiv Developer Program : SDK & Headset Available Now

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:41:28 UTC 2009

I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to break the law and reverse-engineer anything that isn't open for such.  Playing with something on the bench is another story.

Open-source is scary for a lot of people.  Especially in the realm of hardware.  People in our culture are so well trained to think that everyone will steal their shit.  I agree with you that if their hardware and software are special, then they should open it up so others may benefit and improve upon it for them (which we would all do for free!).  But such is the world of proprietary-ness.

Mitch.