[EEG] data and bowel movements

Anthony Di Franco di.franco at aya.yale.edu
Thu Jun 25 20:26:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 13:18, Kelly<hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com> wrote:
>> F) NOISE, SOFTWARE HACKS
>
> This stuff I have only minor experience with (reasonable neuro
> background and one Berkeley AI course) but hot damn it sounds like
> fun.  I can't really spearhead much of it, but I'd really like to
> learn along the way.  Also, I am actually working in an EEG lab at
> Berkeley, so if I can track down someone there who's sufficiently
> nerdy enough, I will try to drag them over to noisebridge.  I have no
> idea how academic EEG processing compares to what hackers and machine
> learning people would come up with.

I'll get some tutorials together on what machine learning / statistics
/ artifical neural networks / control theory people would do, since
I'm such.  I haven't been impressed with the anecdotes floating to me
about what academic EEG people do with the data.  No, rather I've come
away with a poor impression.  But it would be good to have more than
random floaty anecdotes too, from an academic EEG person.